How to run SQL services using a Group Managed Service Account (gMSA). The process is very similar to using a Managed Service Account, here are the steps to get this up and running:
- Open a PowerShell prompt with “Run as Administrator”.
- Run the following commands:
123Import-Module ServerManagerAdd-WindowsFeature RSAT-AD-PowerShellImport-Module ActiveDirectory
- Lastly in PowerShell, run this command (replacing ACCOUNTNAME with your Group Managed Service Account):
- Open SQL Server Configuration Manager and select SQL Server Services.
- Open the Properties of the service you wish to edit.
- Under the Log On tab, Browse or type in the gMSA name. The gMSA should end with a $. The password field should remain blank:
- A prompt will appear asking for confirmation. Select Yes.